Sometimes it's the little things we do that make the most impact - andy yet they're often the things we put off over and over again because we're too busy.
Today's post is as much for me as it is for you guys - there are so many little things I've been meaning to do and just haven't gotten around to - and some are are just so quick and simple!
So if you've got a spare 20 minutes - or even 10 minutes - cast your eye down the list and see how many little things you can get organized and done today - trust me, you'll thank yourself later!
Oh, and they aren't all chores! The last section is called Just For You - because everyone puts off the fun, me-time stuff, and it's super important too!
At Your Desk:
1. Tidy your desk!
2. Go through that stack of papers and purge.
3. Back up your phone.
4. Back up your computer - or just all those photos.
5. Clean out your phone and delete all the apps you never use.
6. Plan the week ahead.
7. Plan your meals for the week.
8. Write your grocery list.
9. Write any upcoming birthday cards - and wrap presents.
10. Reply to emails and/or zero your inbox (checkout my post here.)
11. Make those appointments you've been putting off - the dentist, financial planner, optometrist etc.
12. Brainstorm a Christmas Gifts list - you'll thank yourself in December.
Around the House:
13. Clean out your handbag (you know it needs it!)
14. Give the fridge or pantry a quick tidy.
15. Water your plants and/or replace the water in vases.
16. Put a cleaning tablet through the dishwasher or washing machine to clean it out.
17. Dust your knicknacks.
18. Give the car a quick tidy - just get rid of all the rubbish and clutter and wipe the dash.
19. Re-arrange your mantlepiece display - or even the living room furniture for a fresh look.
20. Clean out your medicine box.
21. Sweep the porch... (or the verandah... or the patio... :)
22. Squirt the shower with cleaner and let it soak.
23. Grab a garbage bag and roam the house looking for clutter to donate.
Out and About:
24. Take those bags that've been sitting in your car for ages to the thrift shop.
25. Buy that gift you know you'll need next week
26. Check the air in your car tyres at the service station - and fill up with fuel while you're there.
27. Drop stuff around to friends and family - that platter you borrowed, the Barbie Doll left at your house, the book you promised to lend them...
Just for You:
28. Pick a bunch of flowers from the garden.
29. Research your next holiday.
31. Do a quick workout.
32. Download a new screensaver for your phone.
33. Browse Pinterest for next season's fashion inspiration.
34. Make a new playlist of favorite tunes - or clean out the ones you have.
35. Browse Netflix and add stuff to your 'To Watch' list.
36. Grab your favorite hand cream and do a mini mani.
37. Call or text someone you haven't spoken to in ages.
38. Write in your journal.
39. Look at free online courses for something you've always wanted to learn.
And there we go! I bet there were quite a few that had you thinking 'Oh I really have to do that!' - there certainly were for me.
So now I'll just be ducking off to see how many I can get sorted - because there's no time like the present!
If you're looking for more posts on getting organized, just scroll down to the suggested posts below - and don't forget to sign up to my newsletter along the way :)
All the best,
The Secret to Owning your To-Do List
39 Little Things You Can Organize Today!
The Working Mum's Survival Guide
The Easy Way to Manage Your Paperwork
10 Ways to Rock Your Workday
30 Minutes to Inbox Zero
The Ultimate Guide to Beating Procrastination
How To Tackle that Massive To-Do List
12 Top Tips for Dealing with Kid's Clutter
check out the planner
back to school
get more done
to do list
posts and tips for getting
free printable Irma
Free Printable 2018 Irma Monthly Calendars
Free Printable 2018 Irma Weekly Planners
Free Printable 2018 Irma Daily Planners
Free Printable 2018 Irma Planner Covers & Annual C...
The Irma Collection has changed!
Organizing Your Laundry: Part 1
63 Back to School Organizing Tips & Tricks